[asterisk-users] Somewhat-OT: Stupid NAT tricks to learn from Apple?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Fri Sep 20 08:17:30 CDT 2013

I've been spending some time looking at some of the significant
changes Apple has made to Facetime in iOS 7.  I'm far from an Apple
fanboy but some of them are pretty interesting:

- multiplexing everything over a single UDP port
- deflate compression with SIP
- various /slight/ protocol violations ;)

More here:

http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/apples-new-facetime-sip-perspective.html

As SDP bodies swell more and more can we hope to build significant
support for multiplexing and deflate compression in the SIP-focused
open source ecosystem?

--
Kristian Kielhofner