[asterisk-users] proper use of Internal Timing

Comp Aholic x_tra_69 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:35:45 CDT 2013

Hi All,
Could anyone tell me the real use of  "internal_ timing=yes" option on asterisk.conf file? I am using asterisk 1.4.22.
As per my understanding if we don't have any TDM card installed with appropriate driver, we use internal_timing = yes to get the timing from ztdummy /ztDahdi.
Is there any advantage on enabling  "internal_timing=yes" even if we are proving timing from TDM card?

I would really appreciate your feedback.

ThanksSam