[asterisk-users] AstDB Partial Replication?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Sep 19 14:53:55 CDT 2013

Is anyone aware of a way to replicate parts of the AstDB to another Asterisk install?

For example, to export all CF entries on a FreePBX based system to another system running FreePBX, I might do:

asterisk -rx 'database show' | grep CF

This gives me a list of data, which I can rsync to another host to reimport using 'database put'. BUT, the problem comes in when I want to sync CF entries to/from both Asterisk systems. I seem to be having race conditions where an entry is removed on system A, but before that removal can sync to system B, we've already imported that to system A again.

Does this make sense?

TLDR; How do I sync AstDB entries between two hosts, in both directions, while maintaining data integrity?

Thanks

--Tim