[asterisk-users] Fwd: Goto(${PREV_CONTEXT},s,1) functionality?

Alexander Goncharov alexander.gonchiy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 09:08:25 CDT 2013

I have a moderately complicated ivr menu, implemented in an AEL dialplan. A
feature I'm struggling to add now is going back from current context to a
previous one, so that user could browse almost the whole ivr menu manually.
The difficulty is that when current context has several "entry points" i.e.
there are several contexts that can lead to current, it is impossible to
implement a go back feature using simple static Goto(${foo},s,1).
At some point, I thought that Gosub() was a solution, but 1) it is not
recommended for using in *.ael (with warnings everywhere) and 2) it can be
only used to return to some defined point of prev context, not its start!

Maybe I'm missing something and there actually *is* some ${PREV_CONTEXT}
channel variable, helping alot with navigation?
If not, what is the best way to implement a go back feature there is?