[asterisk-users] Bad Magic Internal Error

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Sep 12 10:09:41 CDT 2013

Gopalakrishnan N wrote:
> What does this mean of bad magic internal error, SIP to SIP calling is
> fine, when I use SIP via GSM I have this, and asterisk restarts
> automatically. Asterisk version which am using is 11.1.2.

Essentially certain objects within Asterisk have a magic value in them
to ensure they are still valid. When you see the above error it means
that the object has either had its memory overwritten, or it was freed
and is no longer valid. This shouldn't happen. I'd suggest you take a
gander at the issue tracker [1] and if no issue matches yours, then
create a new one.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

Cheers,

--