[asterisk-users] SIM adaptor (huwewi or other)

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 05:49:46 CDT 2013

On Wednesday 11 September 2013, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I am looking for SIM adaptor to be connected with Asterisk to be able to
> send and receive calls from the mobile operator and if possible the same
> adapter to be used for SMS "sending and receiving".
>
> But what if anyone called this SIM card that is connected to this adapter
> and no one relied his call, how this miss call can reach for the use at
> the asterisk PBX?
>
> Regards
> Bilal

We use OpenVox G400P cards  (PCI bus; there's also a G400E, which is PCI
Express)  for this purpose.  Available with up to four GSM modules, each of
which uses one SIM.  The driver for this card is called"chan_extra", it's Open
Source and gives you some more commands in CLI  (including the ability to send
SMS messages),  as well as a new technology "EXTRA" which you can use as in

[outgoing_via_mobile]
exten => _0X.1,NoOp(Outgoing call via mobile to ${EXTEN})
exten => _0X.,2,Dial(EXTRA/r1/${EXTEN},180)

Incoming calls via the SIM's number can have a default context assigned in
/etc/asterisk/chan_extra.conf, and then they just turn up in your dialplan as
normal.

Incoming SMS messages trigger an extension in your dialplan, with some channel
variables pre-set for you.  SMS acknowledgements  (successful or otherwise)
trigger yet more extensions.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.