[asterisk-users] iax2: two users can't authenticate from same ip address

Sean Darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 12:47:41 CDT 2013

On 09/09/2013 11:08 AM, Joshua Colp wrote:
> Sean Darcy wrote:
>>
>> On the server each device has type=friend.
>>
>> I do notice that peer "home" has the standard iax port 4569. The other
>> peers are assigned 1026, 1027 and 1028. How are these ports assigned?
>
> The actual configuration entries (minus password) for each one involved
> would be useful... if you aren't being explicit with what username to
> use for outgoing authentication then stuff like this can happen.

On the server:

[default](!)
type=friend
auth=md5
host=dynamic
context=nz-in
qualify=1000
setvar=Protocol=IAX2

[gn](default)
secret=<pwgn>
callerid="GN"

[home](default)
secret=<pwhome>
username=home

I'm using Zoiper on Android for gn,

home is from the home machine, which registers with the server:

register => home:<pwhome>@<serverip>

[home]
type=friend
insecure=port,invite
secret=<pwhome>    ; same secret as on server
context=incoming
host=<serverip>

I'm wondering if it's a result of the amazon ec2 firewall (not
iptables). I may need to open up those lower udp ports. Maybe the amazon
firewall doesn't use ctstate; it may block any port not explicitly
opened even if a connection is established.

Thanks for the help.

sean