[asterisk-users] ALSA Module Sample Rate

Nicholas Johnson nejohnson2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 13:04:33 CDT 2013

All,
  I'm trying to setup asterisk to run off of a raspberry pi and use the
alsa module to access the sound card (a usb logitech 270 camera/mic).
 Everything appears to be working except the audio quality is very (very)
poor and there is an error from the asterisk conosle:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/alsa.conf': Found
[Sep  6 17:57:29] WARNING[4562]: chan_alsa.c:209 alsa_card_init: *Rate not
correct, requested 8000, got 16000*
  == Registered channel type 'Console' (ALSA Console Channel Driver)
 chan_alsa.so => (ALSA Console Channel Driver)

I've tied to configure the alsa conf file (asound.conf) but haven't had any
luck changing the sample rate.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

 nick