[asterisk-users] MDL-ERROR

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Thu Sep 5 14:55:00 CDT 2013

> Q.921 just says to log the condition and carry on as if it did not happen.
I guess you mean: carry on if it happened (and don't care any more).

> It does not say what to do
> about it.
It seems that making some calls makes these error messages go away. I am going to write a test
script that monitors the log file for the message and triggers a call if one occurs. Then I'll
see whether my hypothesis is correct.

> The condition is likely to happen when the Q.921 peers are out of sync with each other.  When
> you reboot your machines, they will be out of sync with each other for awhile.
It doesn't happen all the time, though. I have skimmed, but not studied, the Q.921 ITU specs
already, and for synchronization it may be necessary that libpri is active (essentially getting
* to run ASAP after starting the machine) and that just starting the driver (wanrouter in my
case) is not sufficient to sync the cards. I have to test this, but the idea is that letting the
cards communicate without some higher level support from libpri may be responsible for the error
condition.

> I cannot think of a
> particular sequence of events off-hand where it would happen though.
I'll keep watching for whatever might trigger the error condition.

jg