[asterisk-users] Asterisk crash

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Wed Sep 4 09:28:12 CDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL
<rajib.deka at siemens.com> wrote:

> In our lab asterisk has crashed due to some unknown reason and it has been
> restarted by safe_asterisk service. But before crash we can see lots of
> below log entry (asterisk version 1.8.9.3).

That is quite old. Lots of bugs (and several security issues) have
been fixed since then. Try the latest in the 1.8 branch.

For the crash , follow the instructions here

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

 and gather a backtrace after recompiling with the required options.
(preferably after upgrading to the latest 1.8, as there may have been
improvmen

> Sep  3 07:55:21] WARNING[16287] res_rtp_asterisk.c: RTP Transmission error
> of packet to [2002:c117:a683::c117:a683]:20940: Address family not supported
> by protocol
>
> chan_sip.c: Purely numeric hostname, and not a peer--rejecting!

These messages alone don't show the whole picture.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

Collect a log with VERBOSE and DEBUG turned up to level 5, SIP debug
turned on, and pastebin that.

I'd wait until after you test with the latest in 1.8

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager