[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 Outbound Authentication Failures on Realm

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Tue Sep 3 13:18:09 CDT 2013

Trying out Asterisk 12 and the new pjsip module...

When I create an registration object that links to an auth object, the
registration fails with "res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:90
digest_create_request_with_auth: Failed to create new request with
authentication credentials" unless the auth object has it's realm set
exactly to the realm returned in the 401 response from the remote server.

Shouldn't the auth object automatically be using the realm from the
incoming 401?  Otherwise I have to create an auth object for each remote
server even if the only thing different is the realm (the scenario is a
provider with multiple servers where the realm is the server name) .  It
also means I have to actually look at the incoming 401 packets to get the
realm.

Bug, feature or my misunderstanding?