[asterisk-users] no audio from meetme conference bridge

Vik Killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 07:27:38 CDT 2013

Asterisk intermittently does not send audio back to the callers in the
meetme conference bridge. If the caller hangs up and calls back sometimes
the audio will work and sometimes it does not. We have taken packet
captures and reviewed the SIP and SDP, both are correct and you can
actually hear the audio being transmitted from the callers to the
conference bridge but no audio is sent back to the callers. We've also
verified the meetme conference flags are correct so the callers are not set
to be muted. I should mention this only happens when the call is going from
one asterisk box to another (the second box being where the conference is
living). If all conference participants are on single asterisk machine the
problem does not occur. Has anybody had this problem in past? I could not
find the issue doing a google.