[asterisk-users] issue with dahdi_channels.conf

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 12:10:10 CDT 2013

In article <CAHexamsP4nEnuNTyMuZwjgEP69v+7Rb7eKByZsaLMBM+ZYODnA at mail.gmail.com>,
Salaheddine Elharit <salah.elharit200 at gmail.com> wrote:

> below
>
> etc/dahdi/system.conf
> # Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Tue Oct 22 15:03:14 2013
> # If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
> # your manual changes will be LOST.
> # Dahdi Configuration File
> #
> # This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg
> #
> # Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER)
> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> # termtype: te
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
> echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31
>
> # Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2"
> span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3
> # termtype: te
> bchan=32-46,48-62
> dchan=47
> echocanceller=mg2,32-46,48-62
>
> # Global data
>
> loadzone = us
> defaultzone = us

OK, that looks fine.

> dahdi-channels.conf
> ===============
> with this configuration there is no problem but when i add 1-15
>
> and i make service asterisk stop, service dahdi stop, service dahdi start,
> service asterisk start i can't make the calls i must remove 1-15 in order
> to make the calls

It's always possible that the problem is a misconfiguration at the remote
end. I had that once, where the PBX to which Asterisk was talking had had
its channel numbers misconfigured, resulting in a similar problem to what
you have described.

What happens if you swap the cables over between the two E1 ports on the card?
Does the problem move to the second card (channels 32-46)?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield