[asterisk-users] dahdi fax catch-22

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Oct 30 17:17:21 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 11:12 -0500, Richard Mudgett wrote:

> One thing you must remember about the [channels] section in
> chan_dahdi.conf
> is that *all* configuration in the section is cumulative.   For
> example:
>
> [channels]
>
> echocancel = yes
>
> faxdetect=incoming
>
> signaling=fxs_ks
>
> channel=1
>
> ; Channel 1 is created at this point with echocancel enabled,
> faxdetect is incoming,
> ; and fxs_ks signaling.
>

> faxdetect=no
>
> channel=2
> ; Channel 2 is created at this point with echocancel enabled,
> faxdetect is no,

Thank you very much, indeed I did not know that. So I tried it,
specifying faxdetect=incoming only for the last (POTS) channel. It
appears to have sent an outgoing fax correctly, at least it doesn't
complain about it being busy. I'll know when I get to work tomorrow
whether the fax actually arrived. I can also send one from there to
here, to make sure it actually does detect the incoming fax and route it
properly.

--Greg