[asterisk-users] Ast12 issue "missing" library file??

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Oct 23 13:17:56 CDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Cassius Smith <cassius at cassius.org> wrote:

> Hi ALL,
> still having trouble getting Ast 12 to run. I got it compiled and built
>  but now when I try to run, I'm getting a missing library error that seems
> to be in error (see below). The .so file DOES exist with correct
> permissions.
>
>  <snip>

> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks,
> Cassius

I've found a few solutions from the asterisk-dev mailing list, some
posts[1] from last August.

First, you may need to refresh your dynamic linker cache using ldconfig.
Or, if you're using a 64-bit distro, you may have to rerun configure with
the following option: "./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64"

[1]: http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2012-August/056610.html

If neither of these work, let me know. I've got a working asterisk-12
install running on CentOS 6.4 in a virtual-box environment that I can play
with.

--
Thanks,
Warren Selby, dCAP