[asterisk-users] Asterisk-12 issue after successful installation

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Tue Oct 22 22:14:27 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM, virendra bhati <virbhati at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I have installed asterisk-12 Beta but when I try to asterisk start then
> get below issue.
>
> *[root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]# asterisk  -r
> asterisk: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot
> [root at cs-gb-pwr-1-04 asterisk-12.0.0-beta1]#*

So, as a specific answer to the original question, the proper resolution to
this issue, assuming you manually installed libjansson, is the following,
pulled from the install_prereq scripts:

echo "/usr/local/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/usr_local.conf
/sbin/ldconfig

This worked for me on a fresh CentOS 6.4 installation where I didn't use
the install_prereq script, and thus was having your same issue.  Hope this
helps someone in the future!

--
Thanks,
Warren Selby, dCAP