[asterisk-users] Asterisk12Beta- configure script/uuid missing??

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Fri Oct 18 14:16:08 CDT 2013

Hello,
I'm trying to build Asterisk12 on a Centos 6.4 VM. The configure script is erring out with:
…
checking for uuid_generate_random in -luuid... no
checking for uuid_generate_random in -le2fs-uuid... no
checking for uuid_generate_random... no
configure: error: *** uuid support not found (this typically means the uuid development package is missing)

I have installed (using yum) uuid, uuidd and uuid-devel. No joy, still getting same error.

Anyone else run into this? How did you get around it?

cheers,

Cassius Smith