[asterisk-users] fraud detection

Dmitry mbike2000ru at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 01:40:31 CDT 2013

i use a CRON CDR database lookup every 10 minutes (it is a sort of a compromise period of time). The script checks for all tall and international calls for the last hour. The script has different thresholds for different territories.

it works reliably but I think about more sophisticated algorithm to discover any fraud attempts (I want to analize the security log as well).

BR,
Dmitry Pavlenko

 hello everyone. i am
 concerned about security to the PBX and i would like to
 discuss different fraud detection methods.Apart from
 making everything to secure the PBX (latest patches,
 iptables, firewalls, no outside users, strongs passwds,...)
 i would like to find out if there are any fraud detection
 techniques.
 As for my setup i do have a PBX running asterisk 11.4
 and it has 3 sip trunks (over internet)

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----