[asterisk-users] What linux distro most popular for Asterisk

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:27:39 CDT 2013

[Apologies, top-posting, Gmail, yadda yadda]

As with a lot of software, I suspect the best answer is "whichever distro
YOU are most comfortable with". You're the one who has to support it, after
all... Just my 2c.

Andrew

On Thursday, 17 October 2013, Rusty Newton wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Is there a recent survey of that Linux distro and version people are
> using
> > for the Asterisk installations?  I recall seeing a pie chart over a year
> ago
> > (I think on a wiki but I can't find it again)....also hoping for
> something
> > more current.
> >
> > I suspect RH5 and RH6 are most popular...but I'm looking for facts
>
> I don't have any numbers, but I watch the issue tracker a lot and I
> see pretty much CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu. Which seems to match what
> everyone else is saying on this thread.
>
> --
> Rusty Newton
> Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager
> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - US
> direct: +1 256 428 6200
>
> Check us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org
>
> --

Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett