[asterisk-users] CAS E1 signalling

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Thu Oct 17 10:48:07 CDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Johan Wilfer <lists at jttech.se> wrote:

1. In asterisk can I get the channel-number of the call so I can have
> different logic for the different channels?

Sure, I guess I would just create different incoming contexts for your
various channels in chan_dahdi.conf. Or you could write some dialplan foo.

> 2. How do I handle answer / hangup with CAS?  Will DAHDI keep this
> channels up, or should I query the state of the channels (how?) and bring
> them up myself if they are down (Dial?)

DAHDI will interpret the CAS signalling and pass those up to userspace as
hookstates. All of this should be seamless to you as an Asterisk user. The
usual channel Answer() and Hangup() is all that's needed, just like on any
other type of channel.

Have fun

--
Russ Meyerriecks