[asterisk-users] Access PBX from internet - best practice

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 06:33:08 CDT 2013

On Thursday 17 October 2013, richard.seguin at marisec.ca wrote:
> The endpoints do not have a fixed IP, and a VPN tunnel wouldn't work under
> this scenario.  Basically this setup is for people who are traveling, and
> may be using a smart phone at an airport (or something similar).  The idea
> is that our system can be used to reduce toll costs, and provide access to
> internal resources.

If remote users *only* need to call contacts *within the office*, then whatever
other precautions you take, make sure they land in a context which does not
allow outside calls.

If you're feeling sufficiently evil, use Audacity to create a file with a few
seconds of ringing-out tone followed by a deathly silence; and play this to
remote users calling numbers they shouldn't, before doing a Hangup().

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.