[asterisk-users] Access PBX from internet - best practice

richard.seguin at marisec.ca richard.seguin at marisec.ca
Thu Oct 17 06:13:06 CDT 2013

The endpoints do not have a fixed IP, and a VPN tunnel wouldn't work under this scenario.  Basically this setup is for people who are traveling, and may be using a smart phone at an airport (or something similar).  The idea is that our system can be used to reduce toll costs, and provide access to internal resources.

Thank you for the recommendations on fail2ban, IPtables, and the device naming scheme... I am not overly found of having a device name (ex: 101) that corresponds to the extension being used,  so I will be using user and devices under freebpbx to name them differently.