[asterisk-users] What linux distro most popular for Asterisk

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Thu Oct 17 05:07:34 CDT 2013

>>   Is there a recent survey of that Linux distro and version people are
>> using for the Asterisk installations?  I recall seeing a pie chart over a
>> year ago (I think on a wiki but I can't find it again)....also hoping for
>> something more current.

Mix of Gentoo and Ubuntu here (Gentoo mostly on old Via Epia MiniITX
systems which don't have full i686 instruction set support).

The best Linux distro is usually the one you're most familiar with -
that way, if/when something goes wrong, you stand a reasonable chance of
being able to fix it.

Kind regards,

Chris