[asterisk-users] parking - why doesn't this work?

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 08:56:24 CDT 2013

I'm trying to implement parking with only one button to park and unpark a call.

Scenario:
Call is answered, I press the button (on a Cisco SPA504) to park the call, it comes to [from-office] context where the call is parked successfully (there is no parking lot number announcement though).

To unpark, I press the same button, it comes to [from-office] context, and the call is picked up/unparked successfully. (I know there is no need to check the device state, since Park will go to the next line if it fails, but this is only for testing.)

The problem happens when I try to park the same call to the same parking lot space AGAIN by pressing the same button. This time I hear the announcement, but something else happens which I'm not sure how to describe - the incoming call seems to be put on hold and parked at the same time (to end the call, you need to press "end call" twice).

This is my first attempt at parking, and I know this is not the common way to do this, but would like to know why this is failing.

Here is my config:

[from-office]
exten => _70X,1,SET(devstate=${DEVICE_STATE(park:${EXTEN}@parkedcalls)})
same => n,GotoIf($["${devstate}"="INUSE"]?unpark)
same => n,Set(PARKINGEXTEN=${EXTEN})
same => n,Park() ;
same => n,hangup()
same => n(unpark),ParkedCall(${EXTEN})
same => n,hangup()

[parked_stations]
exten => 701,hint,park:701 at parkedcalls

exten => 702,hint,park:702 at parkedcalls

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
features.conf
parkext => 700
parkpos => 701-702