[asterisk-users] Capture Media IP in CDR

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sat Oct 12 16:08:35 CDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM, CDR <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

> The CHANNEL() function has no idea about the media IP, and also
> SIP_HEADER(), since the media IP is not known until the call has been
> established and a reinvite has been received and dispatched. I am
> using of course, directmedia=yes and directrtpsetup=yes. Hence my
> question to the group.

That information isn't available via a dialplan function or application;
about the only place it is communicated is in some log messages when SIP
debugging is enabled.

I'm rather surprised at this requirement - when you say that your next
e-mail will be from "Federal Prison", I'm going to go out on a limb and
assume that you're referring to the United States government. Given that
Asterisk is widely deployed in the U.S. and recording of remote and/or
local media addresses have never been a requirement for CDRs - ever - I
have to wonder, what is prompting this request?

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager