[asterisk-users] Calling a demo menu after voicemail authintication

Asmaa Ahmed asabatgirl at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 09:17:16 CDT 2013

Thanks, It helps indeed!But what if I want to change the language based on user preferences for example How can I include it before the voicemail dialogue?
Is there a possibility for doing that?

Calling a demo menu after voicemail authintication

Sent by:
   asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com

Hello,

I wonder if it is configurable possible
to add a new menu demo to run within voicemail context dialogue!

I want to run am interactive menu before or within the normal voicemail
dialogue to run a script based on the subscriber selection.

My point is to get use from the authenticated password that provided by
user to go though his voicemail to access this new feature as well!

If not, is there a way to use the same authentication to access this menu
a way from voicemailmain application?

Thanks.

If you are trying to use dialplan logic
directly, you could use the function VM_INFO to compare a users password
with what they have entered. You would basically be writing your own code
before you ever went to voicemail to have them type their password, then
save that to a variable and compare with what VM_INFO shows as the correct
password.

You could also use an AGI script as detailed
here:   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+authenticate+using+voicemail+passwords

-- Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com

               http://www.asterisk.org/hello

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: