[asterisk-users] utils.c: fwrite() returned error: Broken pipe how to solve it ???

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 06:44:35 CDT 2013

In article <201310101230.56058.asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>,
A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:

> Also, as Asterisk runs on Unix-like systems, you don't really need the
> Microsoft-style \r\n line endings.  Just an ordinary Unix-style \n on its own
> will suffice.  It even saves a few CPU cycles on the far end  (not that you'll
> ever actually notice from within an interpreted script).

Text-based internet protocols (e.g. SMTP, FTP, etc) canonically use \r\n
as a line terminator, and AMI does likewise. It may well accept commands
with just \n as a line termiator (I haven't checked), but it certainly
sends \r\n to terminate lines that it outputs. IMHO, it's good to adhere
to the same convention in both directions.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield