[asterisk-users] Using sqlite3 for CDR logging

Tech Support asterisk at voipbusiness.us
Thu Oct 3 11:52:11 CDT 2013

All;

    I am using Asterisk 1.8 and am running into some performance
bottlenecks. Right now I am sending upwards of 700 concurrent faxes. I have
no problem with that. The problems appear after the faxes complete. I was
thinking of using sqlite3 to log CDR's, thinking that would be faster than
using MySQL. Has anyone ever benchmarked this to quantify just how much
faster sqlite3 is? Are there any drawbacks to using it? I would love to
write to multiple sqlite3 databases, but that doesn't appear to be possible.
Any insight at all on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

John.