[asterisk-users] Invalid options

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:29:03 CDT 2013

I think what Asmaa is indicating here is that inside app_voicemail (s)he's
able to select options that are not relevant to the current menu (s)he is
playing.

That wouldn't be a dialplan problem or a DTMF issue, It would be inside the
app_voicemail.c source.

It looks like there is a big switch statement starting at line 10180 in my
app_voicemail.c source that deals with what option the user is pressing.

It looks like at line 10458 there is logic for if delete is not a valid
option at the moment, You could try inserting a playback there stating so.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Asmaa Ahmed <asabatgirl at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While connecting to my voicemail, I noticed that Asterisk may perform some
> tasks isn't included in the options levels that currently played!
> For ex: I am listening to the main menu which asking me to press 1 for new
> messages, 2 change folders, 0 mailbox options which is OK for these
> numbers, but if I pressed 7 by mistake for example it will tell me "Message
> deleted" which it doesn't make sense!
> Is there a way to stop this behavior, let's say to run "invalid option" if
> any other number was pressed doesn't belong to the current menu level?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein