[asterisk-users] Dahdi_dummy is more accurate than core timer?

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Wed Oct 2 07:13:36 CDT 2013

> > timing test 1024
> Attempting to test a timer with 1024 ticks per second.
> Using the 'timerfd' timing module for this test.
> It has been 1000 milliseconds, and we got 1024 timer ticks
For a typical virtual machine the values for timerfd can be significantly worse, even on
otherwise powerful host systems. For a recent Fedora based test system running under VirtualBox
I get typically varying values as low as 550 for "timing test 1024", but this does not seem to
have any major influence on plain calls.

jg