[asterisk-users] Feature request: SIPPEER or IAXPEER equivalent for DAHDI

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 1 11:29:02 CDT 2013

Hello,

With setvar statements in chan_dahdi.conf, we have a convenient way to
store DAHDI channels specific values.

Unfortunately, we don't have a function to access this data from the
dialplan as easily as SIPPEER ou IAXPEER would for SIP or IAX trunks.

Using AST_CONFIG, you can access DAHDI setvar value but:
1. only one setvar value (see bellow)
2. AST_CONFIG reads values from current config file not previously loaded
file (this is obviously what you would expect from this function).

What do you think of this ?
Would you qualify this as useful ?

Regards

PS:
In chan_dahdi.conf, I add this:

[channels]
setvar=foo=bar1
setvar=baz=bar2

DumpChan() dumps both foo and baz variables with expected values but I can
only access to the first value with
${AST_CONFIG(chan_dahdi.conf,channels,setvar)}.