[asterisk-users] Failed to authenticate user 1000<sip:1000 at MY_OWN_IP_ADDRESS>; tag=03f82bb9

Tue Oct 1 10:26:32 CDT 2013

On 01/10/13 15:44, gincantalupo wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:07 AM, gincantalupo
> <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com <mailto:gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I get a lot of these messages on my Asterisk CLI:
>
>     "Failed to authenticate user
>     1000<sip:1000 at MY_OWN_IP_ADDRESS>;tag=03f82bb9"
>
>     as if my PBX machine is trying to authenticate to itself. It seems
>     someone is attacking my asterisk PBX.
>
>     Is there a way to fix this problem?

in sip.conf I have guest connections permitted and have them going to
the default context which contains :-

[default]
; all unauthenticated connection attempts from the internet come in here.
exten => _[+*#0-9].,1,NoOp(Unauthenticated call attempt -
${SIP_HEADER(Contact)})
exten => _[+*#0-9].,n,Congestion

Then in fail2ban I have it match the following :-

failregex = Registration from .* failed for \'<HOST>\' - Wrong password
             Unauthenticated call attempt .*\@<HOST>\: