[asterisk-users] issue with speech in IVR

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 10:29:51 CST 2013

On Thursday 28 November 2013, Salaheddine Elharit wrote:
> hi
> i follow your dialplan but the issue still the same ican't stop the speech
> and go to another context
>
> any other idea  please
>
> best regards .

Well, the Background() application should definitely allow you to interrupt a
sound being played.

One possibility is that DTMF tones being generated within a call are not
reaching Asterisk.  If you phone someone and then press keys in-call, do they
hear the DTMF tones in their handset?

What kind of phones are you using?  Analogue phones via an ATA, SIP phones or
something else?

Have you a scrap PC on which you could temporarily install a newer Asterisk
and Dahdi version and try my VPJB app again?  (I don't actually think your
problem is caused by an out-of-date version, but it wouldn't hurt to check.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.