[asterisk-users] issue with speech in IVR

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 05:16:27 CST 2013

On Wednesday 27 November 2013, Salaheddine Elharit wrote:
> hello list
>
> i have an IVR menu in asterisk 1.4
>
> [stuff deleted]
>
> my problem when the customor call the number 600 and press 1 in order to go
> to the project menu  he must wait all the speech music1 music2 and music 3
>
> if there is any way to go to project menu during the speech
>
> thanks and regards

This is an actual dialplan application that I wrote.  It's a "spike" -- a
proof of concept that is all depth and no breadth.  It's known to work in
Asterisk 1.8.

The sound files "ajs_juke01" and "ajs_anykey" you will need to create for
yourself, depending what MP3s you have available  (and replace ajs_ with your
own prefix).  You can interrupt the announcements or the MP3s by pressing keys
while playing.

;;;;;;;;;;;  VERY PRIMITIVE  JUKE BOX CONTEXT  ;;;;;;;;;;;
[vpjb]
exten => s,1,Background(ajs_juke01)
; "Press 1 for Ocean Colour Scene, 2 for Crowded House"
exten => s,n,WaitExten(1)
exten => s,n,Goto(1)

exten => i,1,Hangup()

exten => 1,1,Background(ajs_anykey)
; "Press any key to stop the music and return to the menu"
exten => 1,n,MP3Player(/songs/09_policemen+pirates.mp3)
exten => 1,n,Goto(vpjb,s,1)

exten => 2,1,Background(ajs_anykey)
; "Press any key to stop the music and return to the menu"
exten => 2,n,MP3Player(/songs/15_distant_sun.mp3)
exten => 2,n,Goto(vpjb,s,1)

exten => _X,1,Hangup()

--
AJS