[asterisk-users] Direct Media and message "SIP/SipAgent-00000bf9 requested media update control 26, passing it to SIP/ead14-00000bfb"

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Nov 28 04:10:44 CST 2013

Hello,

I have the following construction :

Provider --> SipAgent (asterisk) --> Asterisk Server_A --> IP-phone
(Snom 370)

If a call comes in from the "Provider" to my SipAgent, then my SipAgent
send the call to the correct Asterisk Server_A (dialplan logic based on
number). The Asterisk Server_A takes the call and sends it to the IP-phone.

My SipAgent has DirectMedia=yes so there is no audio flowing through
this SipAgent. It only stays in the signaling path (SIP).

My SipAgent will communicate in a SIP re-INVITE the audio ports of the
Asterisk Server_A to the "Provider".
My SipAgent will communicate in a SIP re-INVITE the audio ports of the
"Provider" to the Asterisk Server_A.
Audio will flow directly between "Provider" and "Asterisk Server_A".

This works great.

On my Asterisk Server_A, I see the following :

/SIP/SipAgent-00000bf9 requested media update control 26, passing it to
SIP/ead14-00000bfb/

Mostly this appears one time in a call. This I find normal.

But sometimes the CLI is flooded with 100 of these messages... and that
I find NOT NORMAL.

The flood stops when the call is anwered.

This is the SIP INVITE on my SipAgent :

INVITE sip:xx32xxxxxx at XX.XX.XX.199:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP XX.XX.XX.198:5060;branch=z9hG4bK37fc69a2;rport
Max-Forwards: 70