[asterisk-users] Voicemail greeting playback issues?

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Nov 26 08:02:33 CST 2013

From: "Doug Lytle" <support at drdos.info>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 6:25 PM
To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Voicemail greeting playback issues?

Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I believe I found the bug in Asterisk 11.xxx If someone can help me
> verify it.

Actually,

I wouldn't consider it a bug.  I've know for years that you need to
answer a channel before you play back audio or strange things can and
will happen.

Doug

--
Doug

The real issue here is that issuing an Answer() just before does not seem
to solve the problem. To work around the issue I have to either put a
Wait(1) or Dial() some extensions first. It is presenting like if you drop
into the Voicemail() command too fast during call setup that you have
issues. This did not occur in 1.8.x. I would be ok if just issuing an
Answer() would resolve it as this would be normal, but having to slow down
the dial plan seems off.

Thanks
Bryant