[asterisk-users] Amazon, Asterisk and reliability beyond a hobby system?

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Fri Nov 22 12:41:45 CST 2013

If you have no analog lines, Amazon/Rackspace/...  will probably beat
your local ISP on bandwidth to your SIP/IAX carrier.

If your users are not in the same building as your in-house hosted
Asterisk, Amazon might have a lot better connectivity with your users.

You certainly have a lot more flexibility in adding power to your setup
at an Amazon.

I guess that one can decide what are the critical points that need to be
tested (call volume, call quality, user connectivity) and devise a test
setup.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler