[asterisk-users] Movistar sip Mexico

Larry Moore lmoore at omninet.net.au
Thu Nov 21 17:37:31 CST 2013

On 22/11/2013 6:49 AM, Alyed wrote:
> Have you followed the instructions in:
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/T.38+Fax+Gateway
> and: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+T.38+Gateway
> ??
>
> If possible try with a different ATA since it seems not all of them work
> fine with fax pass trough.
>
> Alyed

My understanding of the original posting is that when a voice call
arrives from the SIP provider it includes T38 information though the
user only wants to accept the g729 component of the call and carry out a
voice conversation.

If a fax is being received by the SIP provider it only has a the T38
information for the call thus no audio (g729) information is in the SIP
message.

I don't believe the original poster is attempting to receive a
facsimile, instead use voice calls.

Larry.