[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.24 : illegal instruction

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 07:43:46 CST 2013

On Wednesday 20 November 2013, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed asterisk 1.8.24 (from source) but I can not start up
> Asterisk :
>

> [root at sip32 admin]# /usr/sbin/asterisk -r
> Illegal instruction

Are you using a VIA C6/C7 processor  (often found soldered to tiny
motherboards),  by any chance?  This family of processors falsely report as
"i686" when they lack some of the instructions for this family.

The fix is to build for a target architecture of "i586".

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.