[asterisk-users] SIP Mass exodus

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Wed Nov 13 20:05:25 CST 2013

Mike,

Am 14.11.2013 01:48, schrieb Chris Bagnall:
> As in your case, it wasn't a connectivity or bandwidth issue - in the end we put it down to a disk I/O bottleneck. It might be worth running something like iostat on your box to see if you see a spike in iowait as voicemail is being checked. We resolved it simply by rate limiting our rsync jobs. In your case with a busy database, you might want to look at your MySQL indexes and/or cache settings - this might be something worth asking about on the respective MySQL discussion groups as well as here.

you could also throw in some more stuff like the following and run it
for 24 hours every second, then check the log for the timestamp to
figure out what happened:

while true; do echo `date`; asterisk -rx 'sip show peers'; asterisk -rx
'sip show channelstats'; mysqladmin --password=yourpass processlist; ps
auxww; vmstat; iostat; echo; echo; echo; sleep 1; done >> log.txt

Regards
Markus