[asterisk-users] Recurring SIP problem with asterisk 11.6 & 11.7

Jeremy Kister asterisk-03 at jeremykister.com
Tue Nov 12 19:11:13 CST 2013

On 11/12/2013 7:37 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> any ideas how we can find out what's upset ?

more info:
  when I create a /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/callfile (with multiple
SIP/xxx&SIP/yyy), the extensions ring.  but when i answer with the
handset the call does not connect and the other extensions continue ringing.

if i am in the asterisk CLI while the phones are ringing, i can use 'sip
show channels' and see the extensions in Init: INVITE.

but if i use "channel request hangup <tab>" the session hangs.  I can
strace these hung rasterisk, but nothing's useful:
# strace -p 25331
Process 25331 attached - interrupt to quit
read(3, ^C <unfinished ...>
Process 25331 detached
# strace -p 26727
Process 26727 attached - interrupt to quit
read(3, ^C <unfinished ...>
Process 26727 detached
# strace -p 26768
Process 26768 attached - interrupt to quit
read(3, ^C <unfinished ...>
Process 26768 detached

the ringing eventually times out, but still no errors on the console.