[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.20 crashing

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Nov 12 09:13:31 CST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Amit Patkar | ATPL <amit at avhan.com> wrote:

>  Hi
>
> I am experiencing Asterisk Crash. Log got stopped when asterisk crashed.
> Please help me to identify the reason and fix this issue.
>
> Asterisk: 1.8.20
>
> I am using AMI and fastAGI to control the call. Some part of dial plan is
> also defined in extensions.conf
>
> I am experiencing this crash when app_meetme conference functionality is
> used with more than 3 parties. I faced this issue with app_conference also.
> This is finally resulting in call drops.
> Please help me to identify and resolve this issue.
> Last few lines of log are copied in this email. I can email full log, if
> this does not give sufficient information of crash.

<snip>

While the log will be helpful, I'd recommend getting a backtrace from the
core produced when Asterisk crashed. Instructions on generating a proper
backtrace can be found on the Asterisk wiki:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

Please make sure Asterisk and its modules are compiled with DONT_OPTIMIZE
and BETTER_BACKTRACES. When you have a backtrace, please file an issue in
the Asterisk issue tracker - attach the log as well, as it may be useful in
analyzing how the system got into that state.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager