[asterisk-users] Asterisk Realtime Static Voicemail

John T. Bittner john at xaccel.net
Mon Nov 11 00:28:46 CST 2013

Guys,

I need you help on this one.

Don't know when this broke but we have a custom gui that runs on top of Asterisk running a real-time static for configurations.
Nothing has changed with the database other than upgrades of Asterisk 10.

Customer complained that there password was not changing when they called into voicemail and changed it.
Database is running standard ast_config with the following fields.

+------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field      | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id         | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| cat_metric | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| var_metric | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| commented  | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| filename   | varchar(128) | NO   |     |         |                |
| category   | varchar(128) | NO   |     | default |                |
| var_name   | varchar(128) | NO   |     |         |                |
| var_val    | varchar(255) | NO   |     |         |                |
+------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Did some tests and asterisk does change the password but in the /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf file.
Rename the file to see if it will then try the database. It recreates the file and changes the password.
The issue is when it reads the password it looks at ast_config so it never really changes.
Ran debug and no errors, I don't even see it trying to update mysql

Any idea what this could be.  The file below is an exact match of what's in ast_config.

/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf
;! Automatically generated configuration file
;! Filename: voicemail.conf (/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf)
;! Generator: AppVoicemail
;! Creation Date: Mon Nov 11 01:12:51 2013
;!
[default]
9105 = 1234,Genee Jacobs,,,tz=|attach=|saycid=|hidefromdir=
201 = 1111,Anne Long,,,tz=|attach=|saycid=|hidefromdir=|delete=
[zonemessages]
pacific = US/Pacific|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
eastern = America/New_York|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central = America/Chicago|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central24 = America/Chicago|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H N 'hours'
military = Zulu|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H N 'hours' 'phonetic/z_p'
gmt = Europe/London|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H N 'hours'
cet = Europe/Zurich|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H N 'hours'
hkg = Asia/Hong_Kong|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H N 'hours'
[general]
format = wav49|gsm|wav
serveremail = nwvoicemail at randrealty.com
attach = yes
emaildateformat = %A, %B %d, %Y at %r
maxlogins = 3
sendvoicemail = yes
operator = yes
pagerdateformat = %A, %B %d, %Y at %r
externnotify = /usr/local/sigman/scripts/voicemailapp

John Bittner
CTO
[cid:image003.png at 01CEDE7D.6B15EB80]
380 US Highway 46, Suite 500
Totowa, NJ 07512
Phone: 201.806.2602 x2405
Fax:       201.806.2604
Cell:       973.390.1090
www.xaccel.net<http://www.xaccel.net/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information which should not be shared or forwarded. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the e-mail.