[asterisk-users] Capture dead phone?

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Thu Nov 7 22:22:31 CST 2013

On 13-11-07 07:51 PM, Mitch Claborn wrote:
> Asterisk 11.1
>
> Is it possible to catch the fact that an IP phone has died in the middle
> of a call and do something with it in the dialplan?
>
> Background: we run a small call center.  Our agents sit in two groups,
> with their IP phones running from 2 different switches. Every once in a
> while the power on one side of the room will go out, or one of the
> switches will die, or one of the agents will knock something loose with
> their foot.  If/when that happens while the agent is on a call with a
> customer, I'd like to be able to save that caller and put them back in
> the queue (at the head of the queue).

No, you won't be able to save the call if the far end goes down.  Best
you could do would be to enable qualify, track then the agent phone goes
offline, if a call also drop around that time frame, initial some sort
of callback.

However, solve the issue at the source. Spend the money for a UPS at
each desktop, convert your phones to PoE and install a UPS in your
server room.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)