[asterisk-users] Unix connections not always disconnecting

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 09:31:52 CST 2013

> On 07/11/13 11:20, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> We are using asterisk 1.8.23.1
>>
>> We have a script that runs on a minute cron which polls the asterisk
>> server for 3 bits of information by using
>>
>> asterisk -rx 'command'
>>
>> which then gets pushed to a graphite server we have
>>
>> 99% of this runs smoothly.
>>

> Out of interest what are you trying to monitor?
>
> We tend to use cacti for graphing and snmp provides all the information we
> require.

Active calls, sip peers connected, sip peers disconnected and then breaking
all of those down by customer as we run a multi tenanted set up.

SNMP would give us totals but I don't think it would do the breakdown by
customer.

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552