[asterisk-users] sip show channelstats shows all 0

Ezequiel R. Achenbach e.achenbach at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:37:49 CST 2013

Well, first of all, my name is Ezequiel and I'd been on this list for a
very short time, but I see a lot of people willing to help here, so I'll
give my problem a try here.
After using asterisknow for almost a year, I decided to give plain
asterisk a try, so I installed CentOS 6.4 and Asterisk 1.8.
After configuring it (sip.conf, extensions.conf, even meetme.conf to try
a conference room) everything seemed to work fine, except for the fact
that when a call is placed, and I use the sip show channelstats command,
everything shows as 0, no packets sent or received, and no packets lost,
which is strange because the call is taking place normally.
I'm using canreinvite=no, so I'm sure asterisk is "in the middle" of the
conversation.
What's even more strange, is that the command works and I can see the
data flow if I call to an IVR instead to calling another user...

I was told that for the channel stats to work, I had to keep call detail
recording stored in a database, not a CVS file, so I installed MySQL and
linked it using the ODBC adaptive module, and the data is being properly
stored in the database, so I think that wasn't the problem.

Any idea what I might be missing?

I can post the conf files if you need them

Thanks!