[asterisk-users] RED on DAHDI channel

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Mon May 27 12:14:41 CDT 2013

Asterisk 11.1

We have a situation where one of our incomings POTS lines will not
answer.  There are 2 lines configured by the Telco as a rollover group
(rings the line that is not busy) and they feed into a Digium AEX410 on
the server.  The most recent time this happened, I did a
/etc/init.d/dahdi status and saw this:

### Span  4: WCTDM/1 "Wildcard AEX410"
*53 FXO        FXSKS       (EC: VPMOCT032 - INACTIVE)  RED*
  54 FXO        FXSKS       (EC: VPMOCT032 - INACTIVE)
  55 FXO        FXSKS       (EC: VPMOCT032 - INACTIVE)  RED
  56 FXO        FXSKS       (EC: VPMOCT032 - INACTIVE)  RED

55 and 56 are always red - there is nothing plugged into those ports.
53 and 54 are the active lines.  I restarted dahdi (/etc/init.d/dahdi
stop then start) and it started working again, and the RED on 53 was gone.

Is there something else I can do to try and figure out what is going on,
and maybe how to prevent it?

--

Mitch