[asterisk-users] asterisk-gui-2.1.0-rc1

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sun May 26 21:02:00 CDT 2013

On 05/25/2013 11:42 AM, luke devon wrote:
> Hi Alec,
>
> I followed that both instructions . It was not success. got the same
> issue. I'm not sure the reason is the OS. I am Using CentOS 6.4.
>
> However, following method was helped me to resolve the problem.
>
> http://www.digip.org/jansson/releases/jansson-2.4.tar.gz
> tar -zxf jansson-2.4.tar.gz
> cd jansson-2.4/
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/ && make clean && make && make install

If you needed libjansson, you're running trunk. Trunk is not a stable
release branch.

This is all fine and good if you're okay with operating on the bleeding
edge, but you should know that you aren't running a stable version of
Asterisk and to expect some volatility. You should keep up to date with
the projects being done in trunk [1], as they'll help you know the areas
that are under the most change. You'll also want to watch the
asterisk-dev mailing list [2].

If you don't feel comfortable with this, you may be better off basing
your work on an LTS release [3], such as Asterisk 1.8 or 11.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+Projects