[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 dtmf not recognised

Gopalakrishnan N gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com
Sat May 25 05:08:18 CDT 2013

Am using Read application to get the digit, since its recognizing... I
would like to get for 3 attempts and then after 3rd attempt it has to
playback some different message like entries exceeded.

My dialplan as,
exten = 100,1(begin),Playback(letters/a)
exten = 100,n,Set(rightPIN=1)
exten = 100,n,Read(inPIN,,1,skip,3,3) ; Attempts for 5 times with 3 seconds
of timeout
exten = 100,n,GotoIf($["${inPIN}" = "${rightPIN}"]?pin-accepted,1)
exten = 100,n,Playback(letters/c) ; Didn't go to pin-accepted, so play
badPIN and hangup
exten = pin-accepted,1,Playback(letters/b) ; correct pin, play

what happens its keep on asking to enter digit If my DTMF didnt match. Do i
need to use any return function... ?

Actually my goal is to ask for 3 times and if not matched then return to
some other application.

Thanks in advance.