[asterisk-users] Asterisk Log rotate not working

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 23 00:25:43 CDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 02:54:46PM -0400, Ahmed Munir wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Cron and Logrotate already installed in my machine and already configured
> as the steps you enlisted. But still logrotate is not running.

How can you tell that the logrotate cron job was run?

At what time it was configured to run? Did you see its output in the
logs?

And please, do make some minimal effort to RTFM and answer questions on
your own. Some tools for your disposal:

  rpm -ql logrotate | grep cron
  grep -i crom /var/log/messages

Cron jobs which have failed and/or had an output send a message to the
user who ran them (root, in your case). Is there a "sendmail" (sendmail,
postfix, whatever) running on the system? If so, where does root's mail
go to? Read it.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com